Loads of Barkat food will get your body into gear for your sporty workout. We thought we'd give you just a few of our favourite wholesome recipes to get you inspired!
Tuna, peppers, spring onion, buckwheat pasta salad
Tuna is a great source of Omega 3 and as we know buckwheat is a supergrain, packed with fibre, protein and wholesome carbs.
1 tin of tuna, drained
2 spring onions, finely chopped
3 peppers (we like to use 3 different colours), finely chopped
1 tin of sweetcorn
400g Buckwheat spirals
For the dressing:
2 tablespoons greek yoghurt
A drizzle of Olive Oil
1/2 lemon, squeezed
salt and pepper
1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- Boil the pasta in salted water for 10 mins. Once cooked drain in cold water and leave to cool
- Chop the onion, peppers and add to a bowl with the sweetcorn and tuna- stir really well.
- Add the buckwheat and a dash of salt and pepper. Mix well
- Mix all the dressing ingredients together and season to taste.
- Before serving add the dressing to the salad and mix.
- Seriously easy but seriously yummy!
- Slice the pepper and courgette and drizzle with a little olive oil and salt and pepper. Roast in the oven for 20 mins at 180c.
- Spread the bread with a thin layer of butter.
- Mix the Mayo with the mustard and then spread on top of the butter
- Mash the avocado and spread on top of the mayo
- Layer the turkey onto one slice of bread
- Add the roasted vegetables on top the turkey
- Top the turkey with the other slice of bread and enjoy!