- · Preheat oven 170 c/gas 3.
- · Put butter and sugar in electric mixer/handheld whisk and cream until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well and scraping any unmixed ingredients from the side of the bowl with a rubber spatula after each addition. Turn the mixer down to slow speed and beat in the vanilla extract and peanut butter.
- · Add the flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt and mix well until smooth dough is formed. Stir in chocolate until evenly dispersed.
- · Arrange about 5 equally sized dough balls on each prepared greaseproof paper lined baking tray. Make sure cookies are spaced apart to allow for spreading while baking- they grow very big!
- · Bake in the preheated oven for about 10 minutes or until golden brown around the edges and quite flat.
- · Leave to cool slightly on trays before turning onto wire rack to cool.
Wednesday, 21 May 2014
Gluten Free Treats: Peanut Butter and Dark Chocolate Cookies
One of the star treats at our Coeliac Awareness Event were Peanut Butter and Dark Chocolate Cookies. We made them using Barkat All Purpose Mix Flour and they went down a storm.
These cookies took only 20 mins to make and they tasted even better than the gluten equivalent.
They are best served warm as the chocolate is all gooey and delicious!
Serves about 15
200g caster sugar
200g light muscovado sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
240g crunchy peanut butter
2 1/2 tsp Barkat bicarbonate of soda
1/2 tsp salt
75g dark chocolate, chopped