Thursday 1 August 2013

BREAKFAST CHALLENGE HAS BEGUN



This month we are focused on Breakfast. We want to give ourselves the best start to the day by experimenting with our breakfast choices. Whether it is a light bowl of seasonal fruit with greek yoghurt and a sprinkling of rosy's granola, fried eggs on our crunchy country loaf or (my personal favourite) lightly toasted waffles soaked in maple syrup and a sprinkling of berries, we are becoming early birds in ode to Breakfast!


DAY 1

The sun is shining once more. On days like these, I want my breakfast to have a Mediterranean feel to it. I like to sit alfresco with the daily papers and spend time preparing myself for the day ahead.

I always start the day with a cup of hot water and lemon- as this quickly hydrates your body in preparation for the meal ahead!



I wanted something light yet tasty this morning so I opted for a small bowl of our organic muesli with some almond milk (can use dairy milk however I prefer the sweet taste of the almonds). I then add a big dollop of greek yoghurt, a sprinkling of strawberry slices and cinnamon and my secret ingredient is a teaspoon of almond butter (be careful with investing in this butter as it is not uncommon for pots to be eaten in one go!).


This breakfast is an extremely healthy gluten free option and it tastes fresh, crunchy and surprisingly filling. Just the right choice for a day spent in the sun!

Have a try and let me know what you think.

Now I need to get my thinking cap on for breakfast time tomorrow.....

No comments:

Post a Comment